What is microblading?
Microblading eyebrows is a form of permanent makeup that creates natural, beautiful eyebrows with a handheld microblade. It’s perfect for people who have overplucked or those who want to define, darken or reshape their eyebrows. We use a microblading pen with micro blades to create crisp and thin strokes to look more like your natural eyebrow hair. To create the strokes, we use blended pigmentation, while matching the color of your hair and skin tone.
Will I need touch-ups for microblading?
Yes, a touch-up will be required about six weeks after your initial procedure. The frequency of touch-ups will depend on your skin care routine and lifestyle. If you take care of your eyebrows, your touch-ups will last longer. Call our office or schedule a touch-up visit through our website.
How long will it take me to recover from the procedure?
On average, it should take between 5-7 days to fully recover. Though, this varies from person to person. Your daily routine, age, and aftercare routine can play an important factor in your recovery time. You may experience minor swelling, itchiness, and redness after your intitial microblading procedure. Remember to follow our aftercare instructions closely.
Will the microblading procedure cause pain?
Most of our clients report little or no pain. Often they say it's a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10, at most. Some clients have literally slept through the appointment! We leave a topical anesthetic on the eyebrow area for 30 minutes before we begin the process, so this leaves most clients totally numb during the procedure.
Is microblading a safe procedure?
Yes, microblading is safe. We use pigments proved safe to use on your skin. We also take precautionary measures to discard all used blades in a proper manner. We follow all safety regulations and hygienic practices to during the entire procedure.
What is the duration of the procedure?
The duration of the microblading procedures is one to two hours. Micoblading is a customized procedure and can sometimes extend past the average time of session depending on the condition of your skin. Please plan your schedule accordingly.
Why do I require a touch-up after 4-6 weeks?
The recovery process lightens the pigmentation, causing your eyebrows to lose some color and brightness. Part of our microblading service is a complimentary touch-up four to six weeks following the procedure. We add the boldness and the color lost during your recovery period.
Who should avoid microblading?
While microblading is great for most people, there are some people who are ineligible for microblading:
- Those prone to keloids or post-inflammatory hypopigmentation. Unfortunately, since microblading punctures the skin as we add ink, we cannot work with clients with these conditions.
- If you have a transmittable blood disease such as HIV or Hepatitis. Again, microblading artists cut the skin so it is our policy not to work with these conditions.
- If you’ve had Juvederm or other fillers in that area. Depending on the timing, we recommend to get microblading first! Otherwise, check with your doctor. Many artists may request a note from your doctor first.
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy. Although microblading is great for restoring eyebrows, we would require a doctor’s note in order to perform the procedure for anyone undergoing chemotherapy.
- If you have any kind of skin condition on or near your eyebrows. This includes eczema, shingles, rashes, or anything else near eyebrows.
- Microblading is for adults only. We do not recommend microblading for anyone under the age of 16.
What should I avoid after my procedure?
Microblading post-care is very important to the appearance and longevity of your new eyebrows. Do not let any water, lotion, soap, or makeup touch your eyebrow area during the first 2-3 days after your procedure. After 5-7 days you can clean and gently apply the post-care ointment with clean hands. Please see our microblading after care page for more detailed information.